Since its launch in 2016, Instagram Stories has been steadily growing in popularity and currently boasts a bigger than 400 million user count! This monstrous number has attracted advertisers, of course. There’s no doubt that advertising can be a tad hugely annoying when all you want to see is content by your favourite story teller but it is also a testament to prevalence of the platform.
According to a recent Merkle Study, ad spend on Instagram jumped a whopping 177% during Q2 2018; impressions also jumped by 209% in the same period! Yes, the great thing about Instagram Stories is that they are ‘discoverable’, which means that even people who don’t follow you will be able to see your posts.
It would certainly be a shame to let all these millions of eyeballs go to waste, so if you’re not posting stories on Insta, or if you’d like to up your game, here’s how to do it:
1. Add hashtags to your Insta Stories – you might be saying ‘duh’ but this is a newish feature on Stories! How it works: when someone is searching through a hashtag, your Insta Stories with that hashtag appear at the top of the feed, making you even more discoverable.
2. Tag others in your stories – this will help you grow your community as it shows that you value the relationship you have with your followers, which will hopefully help you to start new ones, too.
3. Embellish exclusivity – ‘sneak peaks’ and ‘behind the scenes’ will make your audience feel special, whilst you’re creating hype around a product/event.
4. Personalise your Stories – people love engaging with brands/products/people that they can relate to; share a little piece of yourself and watch your audience grow.
5. Post continuously – Insta Stories last only 24 hours, so post twice a day (any time) if you can; this means you will always have something in your feed within any 24hr timeframe.
6. Stories can be downloaded – save your stories; they might be relevant for another campaign or piece of content.
7. Embrace the fun – sticker, avatars…go nuts! Not only are people likely to remember your content but they’ll enjoy it, too.
These are just a few things you can do to make Instagram Stories work for you! Insta is an exciting platform to be using at the moment, so USE IT…and don’t feel shy to get dirty with some killer creative.